Donald,

Thanks, both points make a lot of sense!! Thanks for the help!

Best,
Daniel

From: <MCLAREN>, Donald <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] PPI analysis: retrieve the connectivity

Daniel,

A few points:
(1) You don't need to extract the PPI interaction term value around the given voxel. You can use the PPI contrast images in a higher level analysis with your behavioral measure as a regressor. Once you have the PPI contrast images, the analysis is the same as your task activation analyses.

(2) If you have more than 2 conditions in your experiment (e.g. A, B, fixation or A, B, C, etc.), you should create separate PPI terms for each condition or create a series of PPI terms that span the experimental space (McLaren et al. 2012). This can be done in FSL as well as SPM. The only difference between the programs is the deconvolution step in the SPM implementation of gPPI through the gPPI toolbox.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren