London Museums Group is now taking bookings for *Aiming for Excellence*,
the first in a series of 5 events taking the Arts Council’s strategic goals
as a starting point, to explore what they mean for our sector.

Goal 1 emphasises the need for excellence in museums. But what do we mean
by “Excellence”? This broad term brings up many questions about our
aspirations as a sector, the strategies we put in place to achieve those
goals, and the standards against which we measure our work.

Speaking at this event are:

*John Orna-Ornstein* – Director of Museums, Arts Council England

*Hughie O’Donoghue* – Artist and Royal Academy Summer Exhibition 2014
Coordinator

*Dr Bernadette Lynch* – Researcher, Consultant and Lecturer

*Geoff Colman* – Head of Acting, The Royal Central School of Speech and
Drama

These four speakers, from different cultural fields, will each present
their thoughts on excellence, and then discuss the topic as a panel, before
opening out to questions and discussion.

We aim to begin to unpick the idea of excellence, and explore how this goal
can be used by museums to revitalise our strategic work and be a tool for
development.

The event is free and includes lunch and networking drinks.

You can book your place at
http://www.londonmuseumsgroup.org/lmg-events/aiming-for-excellence/.

All the best,

Alex Murphy

Event Coordinator

DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET