great efforts. keep it up

regards

Javed

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:13 PM, HANDICARE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

To,

The Friends of the Disability sector

Subject: Another Good News from U.P.

Dear Sir,

Greetings from ‘HANDICARE-Indian Association of Persons with Disabilities’. We wish to share another good news, first of its kind, from the State of U.P.

U.P. Government has decided to give disability pension to the parents of the children with disabilities (less than 18 years of age).

Hitherto only disabled persons above the age of 18 years were entitled to the Government’s disability pension.

But then many conditions of this scheme are incongruous, to write a few (This scheme is a part of Samajwadi Pension Yojna and the following conditions are part of this scheme)

1.       The children of the family between the ages of six to fourteen must be regularly going to the schools.

2.       Any other family member should not be receiving disability, old age or widow pension.

Let’s wait and see if the Government concedes to our request to modify the Samajwadi Pension Yojna.

Also at present disability pension in U.P. is merely three hundred rupees only per month which too should be brought at par with this pension.

Best wishes

Mridu R. Goel

Chairperson

HANDICARE-Indian Association of Persons with Disabilities

(A disabled rights organisation)

15/1 Chowdhary Square

Near Mahanagar Rly. Crossing

Lucknow 226007