It helps to look at the output from the  truncate step quite critically.
First is there a non cryst translation of 1/2,1/2,1/2 indicated in the P4
2i2 data set?

If so then the I centring at lower resolution might just be approximate..

If there is NC translation then other twinning statistics are distorted and
I find the only semi-reliable one is the L test.

But if you say there is no room for your protein with that translation and
4/mmm symmetry then there must be twinning or you have crystallised
something else!

Eleanor