Was this connected to the discussion over the Ford advertisement (in newspapers and magazines) which, in the UK, showed Black workers but which in Poland showed only white workers?

Kathy

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:41:23 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Please assist
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues

I’d appreciate your assistance for providing reference to a query.

In 1979/1980 a car company pulled an advert from prime-time TV at the last minute as it featured a black family buying a car. The reasons for the last minute blockage was that it was felt that featuring the family would have an adverse impact on white people i.e. less people were likely to buy.

There was discussion around this at the time – but I’m unable to establish any reference source.

Thanks and best wishes

Naseem