clip_image002

Come to our launch, a night of music, dance, poetry and film celebrating those working for social justice

Saturday June 21st at 7.30pm, Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, WC1R 4RL

Compered by Pauline Pearce, Hackney Heroine, performances include the David Idowu Choir (in memory of David, a 15 year old victim of knife crime); Tayo Aluko (Call Mr Robeson); Streetz Ahead dance; UCLU Jazz Society; Zena Edwards, poet and singer; Jo Clarke singing Nina Simone and Wayne Marshall singing classic civil rights anthems. The main speaker will be Leyla Hussein, co-founder of Daughters of Eve and campaigner against gender based violence and we will conclude with a tribute to the late great Pete Seeger. Light refreshments will be served in the interval. Tickets £10.00:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/journey-to-justice-tickets-11069006697

Support our crowd funding campaign to build a travelling exhibition about the US civil rights movement & its impact on the UK and the rest of the world

Help us create a travelling exhibition about the US civil rights movement and its impact. As it tours the UK, accompanied by music and workshops, we will partner with local teams, connecting to the history of human rights campaigns. We’re piloting in Newcastle-u-Tyne and Sheffield next year.

Visit us on Buzz Bnk  https://www.buzzbnk.org/journeytojustice and watch our short film (3.54 minutes), read  the project page and give what you can from 2 minutes to £1000!

Forward the link to your friends, family, colleagues & networks & ask them to do the same.

If you’re  on Face Book and Twitter, Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter:

Journey to Justice on Facebook  www.facebook.com/journeytojustice.org.uk

On Twitter: www.twitter.com/freedomandjobs or @freedomandjobs

Saturday June 14th at 3pm Come and see Brother Outsider – award winning film about Bayard Rustin – the organiser of the US civil rights movement

Brother Outsider tells the story of Bayard Rustin who was African American, Communist, gay, pacifist and a phenomenal organiser. We’ll be joined by co-director, Bennett Singer. Venue: The RADA Studios, 16 Chenies Street, London WC1X 7EX (Goodge St tube). 020 7307 5060 £5.00 tickets.

Help us get Journey to Justice on the road

Visit our website at: www.journeytojustice.org.uk