In all seriousness, this unfortunate episode offers a good case for the “right to be forgotten”.  I would be delighted to see all evidence of it excised from the JISC servers, never to be mentioned again in this community, for the good of all.

Tim Lovering

From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Darren Ingram
Sent: 25 June 2014 17:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: STATEMENT

It takes a brave man (or woman) to admit they might be wrong. It takes an ever braver one to admit that they may have been stupid or dropped a clanger or two (no matter what the provocation or circumstances that led up to it).

I am just glad that I am of an age that some more youthful exploits might have been offline.

My comments are probably neither helpful, welcome or on-topic, but well, I've started writing now, and I'd like to humbly suggest that you would probably benefit by not being removed from the list. Through it and other resources we all learn things and I know I had a few "replies" on this recent thread in my draft folder for a time and deleted them. Well, that's my view and I am glad that things appeared to have calmed down again. Contribute and question when you can. If nothing else, /if/ someone has filed away your name with a black mark beside it, maybe the mark will lighten with time and exposure to your other contributions.

I just hope that the event will not have any long-lasting implications to your studies or professional career development. Unless, of course, you are a habitual offender and this list has only seen a limited range of your talents :) (JOKE for anyone "hard of thinking"). I do shudder to think what the future will be for my daughter when she gets into "social media" (she's not yet seven) as then the ever-recording eye of the Internet will be even worse. Mistakes will be made that is for sure. We all learn by our mistakes but "forgive and forget" is also a valid term.

Summer greetings and best wishes.

Darren Ingram / Music Library Finland / lurking again

¦ D P Ingram