There is still time to book on the training day below! DocExplore is open-source software which creates interactive presentations of manuscripts. For more information, please see http://www.docexplore.eu/ where the software can now be downloaded for free. A demo of the software can be found at http://www.docexplore.eu/reader/

Please note the booking details as below; however, if you would like further information about the project, please do contact me. We have made good use of the software here onsite at the Cathedral Archives and Library.

Cressida Williams
Canterbury Cathedral Archives and Library

Introducing
a new interactive digital document presentation system:
A DocExplore
Training Event

Jennison
Building, University of Kent, Canterbury
Thursday 26th June 2014

DocExplore
is a new free open source software suite enabling the easy creation of
interactive digital presentations suitable for the promotion of written heritage
collections.

The
system enables users to import scanned images of a document or manuscript,
attach explanatory text, images, sound and video to enhance the understanding of
the document, and produce a presentation for display, either on a local
computer or on-line via the web.

To support the release of the software, we will be staging
a free one-day training event on the DocExplore system. This will provide an
introduction to the system and allow users to build their own trial presentation
using DocExplore.
Morning (10am – 12noon) - Augmenting digital documents with DocExplore
	* Introduction:
DocExplore and the promotion of the written heritage
	* Images,
digitization, documents
	* Augmenting
digital documents with DocExplore
	* Managing
collections of DocExplore Augmented Books
	* Creating
interactive presentations
	* Setting
up a working display with DocExplore
	* Examples
of  presentations based on the
collections at Canterbury Cathedral Archives and Library
	* DocExplore
on the web
Afternoon
(1pm – 3pm) - Creating
Augmented Books
	* Design
of a Visual Augmented Book
	* Export
and import of an Augmented Book
	* Interacting
with the DocExplore community

 The
event is free to attend but places must be pre-registered. Light refreshments
will be provided. Lunch will be available from numerous outlets at the
University.
register for the event please email Dr Richard Guest at [log in to unmask] 20th June 2014.