Register now for GARNet’s 2014 conference - Arabidopsis: The Ongoing Green Revolution! University of Bristol, 9-10 September 2014

A reminder that early bird registration for GARNet’s 2014 conference - Arabidopsis: The Ongoing Green Revolution - ends on 30th June, so if you haven’t already signed up to attend, now’s a great time to do so!

On or before 30 June, it costs £150 for academic staff and £120 for postdocs and students - these prices will increase on 1 July to £170 and £140 for academics and postdocs/students respectively, so act now to get the best price! You find out more information and register online via the link at http://garnet2014.org/registration/.

The registration fee includes two full days of excellent speakers, including highlight plenary talks from Rob Martienssen (Cold Spring Harbor Lab), Alistair Hetherington (University of Bristol), Maarten Kournneef (MPI for Plant Breeding Research), Andrew Millar (University of Edinburgh) and Paul Schulze-Lefert (MPI for Plant Breeding Research). As well as these, the programme also features talks by some of the rising stars of the UK plant science community, and short presentations from selected early career researchers. The preliminary programme is available online at http://garnet2014.org/programme/ with oral poster presentation speakers to be selected soon.

There will also be plenty of time to browse posters, and for networking at our free drinks reception. We also warmly invite you to attend our conference dinner at the Bristol Royal Marriott Hotel, priced at £35 per person.

June 30 is also the deadline for abstract submissions, so if you would like to present a poster at GARNet 2014, please see http://garnet2014.org/call-for-abstracts/ for more details. If you are a student or early career researcher within 4 years of your PhD (or you supervise/know someone who is!) there is still time to be considered for one of our 10 bursary awards - register for the conference and submit an abstract, and if selected we will refund your conference fee, conference dinner fee, and provide UK travel and one night’s accommodation expenses. For more details please see http://garnet2014.org/bursaries/.

If you have any further questions then please contact Lisa ([log in to unmask]) and/or Charis ([log in to unmask]).

Lisa Martin
GARNet Research & Engagement Officer
School of Life Sciences
University of Warwick