A reminder of our event on Tuesday 17th June: 'The Power of Administrative Data' with Stephen Pavis. Details below.

RSS Glasgow Local Group committee
Follow us on twitter @RSSGlasgow1

Sent: 18 May 2014 23:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RSS Glasgow event 'The Power of Administrative Data' 17 June 2014

The next meeting of the Glasgow Local Group of the RSS, on Tuesday 17th June, will be:

The Power of Administrative Data

Speaker: Dr Stephen Pavis (ISD, National Services Scotland)

Summary: Scotland has some of the best administrative data in the world (e.g. health, social care, housing, education and criminal justice). However, these data are not being fully exploited: to ensure our social policies are designed to respond to multiple disadvantage; our public services are as efficient as possible; and that these data are mobilised to support economic growth.  This lecture will explore some of the reasons for the under-utilisation of administrative data and chart some of the initiatives which aim to release these data's potential.

Time: 17.30-18:30, followed by drinks and nibbles

Place: Room 203, Maths Building, University of Glasgow, G12 8QW.

Please register at https://sites.google.com/site/rssglasgow/events to help us plan for catering.

We hope to see you there,

RSS Glasgow Local Group committee
Follow us on twitter @RSSGlasgow1