We have a Sysmex XS-1000i in the Emergency department as they wanted a FBC analyser with a five part diff.  A lot of the POCT FBC analysers only give a three part diff and I find that oncology departments will want five part diffs normally (with my haematology hat on).  You will have to pay more for analysers with five part diffs though and have to justify the cost.

Beckman Coulter also have a small analyser which we had which also did a five part diff, the Act5 Diff analyser.  I don't know if they still offer it...

Kind regards

Karen

Karen Stade
POCT Coordinator
Pathology Department

London
E9 6SR

Call: 020 8510 7891
Fax: 020 8510 7555
Email: [log in to unmask]
Or: [log in to unmask]
Please note: I work Monday to Thursday.
If you have any POCT queries please contact Edita Bacinskaite ([log in to unmask]) who deputises for me in my absence.
 Please consider the environment before printing this email.