You're all,
I have been in contact with Fred about his project and fully support this recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse typos

Michèle Stanners MBA/LLB, MTS
c: 587 896 3226

On Jun 24, 2014, at 8:45 AM, "Taylor, Steven S." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi, everyone

I’d like to nominate a new member to AACORN – Fred Mandell ([log in to unmask])

Here’s a bit about Fred – I think he will be an excellent addition to our community:

Fred Mandell is the CEO and Founder of The Global Institute for the Arts and Leadership.  He is a former financial services executive, an author, widely collected sculptor and painter and catalyst for leadership change. Fred teaches a series of programs at MIT Sloan entitled The Leaders as Artist.

Fred’s keynotes have included: "Leonardo da Vinci’s Secret: What the Great Masters of Art Can Teach Us Business Folks about Innovation, Leadership and the Bottom Line", "Can an Organization Have a Soul?", "Leadership Is Like Beauty: You Can’t Define It But You Know It When You See It.” The Financial Planning Association subsequently invited Fred to record his “Leonardo da Vinci’s Secret” presentation for distribution to its 25,000+ membership.

Fred’s life and work has been featured in the Public Television Series “Boomers; Redefining Life After 50.”  In addition he has been featured or quoted in numerous national newspapers, magazine and TV media related to leadership, change and creativity, including Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, The Conference Board, Money Magazine, Boomer Media Properties, WGBH TV, Journal of Financial Planning, and publications of the Center for Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship.

As an artist Fred has been featured in the national publication Gallery Guide.  He has had one person shows at:  Ford Center Gallery, Minneapolis, Imagine Fine Art Gallery, Rhode Island, Wellesley Free Library, Wellesley, MA, Martins Gallery, South Africa., and has participated in numerous juried shows.  His sculptures, paintings and drawings are in private and corporate collections.  Most recently his bronze self portrait has been commissioned to be featured on the poster for the international conference on “The Self/Le Soi” co-sponsored by the University of Chicago and the Sorbonne.

Fred is also author of the award winning Becoming a Life Change Artist; 7 Creative Skills to Reinvent Your Life at Any Stage (Penguin/Avery) 2010 and a novel, The Mourning Road (Micah Publications, 1978) and numerous published short stories and poems.

Fred holds a Ph.D. in history from the University of Chicago and an Ed.M. in psychology from Boston University. He has three grown children and lives in Needham, Massachusetts with his wife Karen, a writer and teacher.

Cheers,

Steve

 Steven S. Taylor, PhD
[cid:C2C4D616-A49B-480E-916B-0272ECAE2C5D]