Dear Ashleigh and all,

I'm afraid I don't have a copy of Wolff's piece, but John Currey's classic and super-readable bone book has some great sections on bone remodeling in response to stress, and cites other researchers who have critiqued Wolff's work, if that's of interest:

Currey, John D.  (2002)  Bones: Structure and Mechanics.  Princeton University Press.

Amy