Dear colleagues,

We are planning to host a two-day workshop on the super-rich, tentatively to be held in early February 2015, at the Department of Public Policy, City University of Hong Kong. This will be a small and focused workshop, with the objective of advancing theoretical debates on the super-rich and their transnational real estate investments. We aim to interrogate the state of this literature, and are especially interested in contributions from disciplines/approaches in the social sciences and humanities that have thus far only limited engagement with the super-rich. These include, but are not limited to: wealth economics, real estate economics, discourse analysis, cultural analysis, social history, etc.

We are looking to invite scholars (including early career researchers) who are interested in contributing towards productive and interdisciplinary theoretical discussions about the super-rich. We aim to include selected contributions in an edited book and/or a journal special issue. Full or partial funding may be available to support travel to Hong Kong.

Please get in touch if you are interested. We would be grateful if you could indicate the following in your expression of interest (e-mail to: [log in to unmask]):

·         Full name and contact details

·         For those currently engaging with research on the super-rich:

o   Completed or on-going research

o   The discipline in which you position your research

·         For those not currently engaging with research on the super-rich:

o   Your disciplinary approach, and how you think this can contribute towards research on the super-rich

Please note that this is not a call for papers at this stage.

Many thanks in advance, and we look forward to receiving your expression of interest.

Workshop convenors,

Dr Sin Yee KOH

Dr Bart WISSINK

Professor Ray FORREST

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.