On 23/05/2014 14:06, Sam Skipsey wrote:
> I remember a presentation from an All-Hands meeting some time back
> where the presenter was arguing the converse position (that papers
> should be published with embedded algorithms, making use of the
> extensive programmable functionality of Adobe PDFs at the time). That
> was also from a "open and archive-friendly science" perspective - the
> idea being that a paper is useless without a context for the code used.
This reminds me of Wolfram's proposal/implementation for computable
document formats: I came across that over the weekend.

http://www.wolfram.com/cdf/

I did miss postscript a bit, where you could code some interesting stuff
into the postscript and have the printer evaluate it. Compute at print
time. Not winning you friends among the other students if the printer
was busy.

-j

--
Scanned by iCritical.