Thank you Siawoosh! I will ask the Freiburg-team and will also take a look
at ACID and the tools from Volkmar Glauche.

greetings

> Dear David
>
>  > thanks for the hint. Just that I understood correctly: The
> DTI&Fibertools does not have any pre-processing capabilities?
>  I am not sure whether it has. Just contact Marco Reisert in Freiburg.
>
> > So normally one should pre-process the raw-data for example by using
> ACID, which then writes the estimated diffusion tensor in the format of
> the Freiburg tools, correct?
> I think it depends on the data you have. There is no general recommended
> procedure for dealing with all kinds of diffusion data - not even outside
> SPM. For example, you can also use the tools from Volkmar Glauche to do
> some of the processing of the diffusion data or another tool outside SPM.
> But, I think that when it comes to pre-processing the ACID tools are quite
> good.
>
> Best
> Siawoosh
>

> --
> Dr. Siawoosh Mohammadi
> Post Doctoral Research Fellow
> Wellcome Trust Center for Neuroimaging
> Institute of Neurology
> University College London
> 12 Queen Square
> London WC1N 3BG
> United Kingdom
>
> Tel. +44-20-344-84368, (internal ext 84368)
> Fax. +44-20-7813-1420

> From: David Hofmann <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:06 PM
> Subject: Re: [SPM] DTI Toolbox for SPM
> To: [log in to unmask]
>

>  Hey Siawoosh,
>
> thanks for the hint. Just that I understood correctly: The DTI&Fibertools
> does not have any pre-processing capabilities? At least I could not find
> anything in the manual. So normally one should pre-process the raw-data for
> example by using ACID, which then writes the estimated diffusion tensor
> in the format of the Freiburg tools, correct?
>
> greetings
>
> David

>> Dear David,
>>
>> It depends what you mean with "good tools" and what you are interested in.
>>
>> To my knowledge, there are two major diffusion toolboxes available for
>> SPM.
>>
>> 1. The ACID toolbox - see www.diffusiontools.com
>> 2. The tools written by Volkmar Glauches - just tip his name and
>> "diffusion and spm"
>>
>> I can't give you an overview of Volkmar's tools.
>>
>> The ACID tools mainly focus on the pre-processing of diffusion data (e.g.
>> noise, motion, eddy current, susceptibility, patient table vibration
>> correction) but also do some tensor fitting. Furthermore, they are
>> compatible with the Fibertracking tools from Freiburg and all other tools
>> in SPM.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Best
>> Siawoosh

David Hofmann (M.Sc.)
Institut für Medizinische Psychologie und Systemneurowissenschaften
Von-Esmarch-Strasse 52
48149 Münster
Tel: 0251/ 8352794
Mobil: 0152/ 09822352
Email: [log in to unmask]

Institute of Medical Psychology and Systems Neuroscience
University of Muenster
Von-Esmarch-Str. 52
D-48149 Muenster, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 251 - 83 52794