Ramesh,

the first suggestion to a solution would be to search the archives of
this list :) Anyway, if spm_vol is not found, you have an issue with the
path in Matlab. Add spm8 (only the root directory) to the Matlab path,
save, and restart. Also, if you update, make sure all old versions are
overwritten by the newer ones, as spm may expect files to be in a
specific location.

Cheers,
Marko

Ramesh Babu wrote:
> Hello SPMers,
>
> I am facing a problem in image smoothing. It gives error report as
> SPM_VOL not detected. Recently I have updated SPM8. Still this problem
> continues. Please give some suggestion to find out the solution
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Ramesh

PD Dr. med. Marko Wilke
  Facharzt für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
  Leiter, Experimentelle Pädiatrische Neurobildgebung
  Universitäts-Kinderklinik
  Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)

Marko Wilke, MD, PhD
  Pediatrician
  Head, Experimental Pediatric Neuroimaging
  University Children's Hospital
  Dept. III (Pediatric Neurology)

Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1
  D - 72076 Tübingen, Germany