Dana,

You should have some rc1* and rc2* files in your directories. You will want to use these to "Run DARTEL (Create Template)" option.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
=================
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren
Office: (773) 406-2464
=====================
406-2464 or email.

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Dana Tudorascu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 Hello SPM list,

 I have a question regarding the VBM8 for processing longitudinal data.  We have followed the VBM8 toolbox instructions of processing longitudinal data and preparing it for the stats exactly as described in pages 18-19 of the VBM8 manual. We now have the GM segments (wp1mr* ) which we have used for the analysis (let's say just one group of subjects to test if there are any differences in GM between time1 and time2).Since we have over 120 subjects, the manual instructs on creating a customized DARTEL template. Pages 25-26 try to describe how to do this..however it is unclear when these steps should be performed:
 I already have the wp1mr* files, so now I should ran the Estimate and write module to create the rp1* files?
 Then is says to run the module : "write already estimated segmentations", go under Extended options -> "High Dimensional DARTEL"(default)-> Select DARTEL TEMPLATE ---SPM does not let me select this template. There are onyl two options (SPM default and high dimensional DARTEL). The manual clearly states that you can create a dependency here but you cannot.
 So, I am a little lost with respect to how to make this work.
  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
 Dana