Dear Sanja,

a 1st level F-test will NOT produce any contrast image, only an F-image
and ESS-image.
So I wonder what you passed to the 2nd level following your 1st level ?

Simply do a t-test at the 1st level, this will produce a con-image and a
t-image. Then use the con-images at the 2nd level.

As expected, 1st level contrast [1 -1] followed by a 2nd level
t-contrast [1] will give you the same results as 1st level contrast [-1
1] and 2nd t-contrast [-1].
To test "both directions" at the 2nd level, use an [1] F-test at 2nd
level with [1 -1] (or [-1 1]) t-contrast at 1st level.

HTH,
Chris

Christophe Phillips, Ir, PhD
FRS-FNRS Research Associate
Adjunct assistant professor in applied sciences

Cyclotron Research Centre, B30
University of Liege, Sart Tilman
4000 Liege, Belgium
Tel:  +32 4 366 2316 (secr.)