fyi:

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs176/1114662128427/img/2.jpg]

Association for the Study of Religion, Economics, & Culture
1st European Conference
St. John's College, University of Durham
5-6 September, 2014

Call for Papers

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs176/1114662128427/img/5.jpg]

ASREC will hold its first European conference at St John's College, Durham, in the shadow of the historic cathedral, in September this year.  ASREC promotes interdisciplinary scholarship across the social sciences on religion, economics and culture, all very broadly understood.  We look forward to having participants from several disciplines at this conference, including sociology, political science and theology, as well as economics.

Building on the success of 13 conferences, running annually since 2002, ASREC now wishes to start a biennial European meeting in years when its spring conference takes place in the west coast of the USA.  These meetings will complement, rather than replacing, existing activities.

Proposals:

The programme committee will consider proposals for (1) individual papers; and (2) complete sessions, typically of three related papers, but also debates, round tables and book reviews.

For every paper submitted, we will require: title; an abstract of no more than 200 words; and names, affiliations, postal and e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers, of all authors.  For other proposals, we require a summary, including the personal details of all participants, and a brief outline of the planned activities.

Proposals for single papers should be submitted by 9th May, 2014; proposals for complete sessions should be submitted by 16th May, 2014.

Please submit your proposal(s) by e-mail to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

You can see the range of papers and topics which we have accepted for previous conferences at www.thearda.com/asrec.<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=spwo4gqab.0.t6xr4gqab.lzsuqdoab.0&r=3&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thearda.com%2Fasrec>

I look forward to receiving your submission.  We plan to announce the programme by 30th May, and will open bookings at that time.

Robbie Mochrie

Executive Director

ASREC

Proposal Due Dates:

Single Papers

Complete Sessions 16 May, 2014

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.
To  join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>
Send contributions to the list by
sending messages to: [log in to unmask]
To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>