Comparing Formats for Still Image Digitizing: Part Two | The Signal: Digital Preservation
This is the second post (of two) on the recently posted comparison of selected digital file formats compiled by the Still Images Working Group within the Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines Initiative.  In this post, I’ll offer some thoughts about JPEG 2000, since one motivation for the comparison project was to size up JPEG 2000 against tried-and-true TIFF.  There is also bit here about PNG.  Meanwhile, the first post introduced the general topic and offered some notes about TIFF.

 http://1.usa.gov/1lmAM7J

Source: http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2014/05/comparing-formats-for-still-image-digitizing-part-two/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://1.usa.gov/1lmAM7J+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar