Is anybody interested in this?  I'd really like someone who is interested in "Maths and Art"  to go from the UK. A small amount of funding may be available. (I cannot go myself as I am giving a paper in Montenegro in the same day on a similar theme.)

JOHN BIBBY

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: National Museum of Mathematics <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2 May 2014 01:30
Subject: MATRIX registration now open
To: John Bibby <[log in to unmask]>

Dear John,

Registration is now open for the first MATRIX (Mathematics Awareness, Training, Resource, & Information Exchange) conference, to be held 2014 Sept 18 - 20,  in Dresden, Germany.  Attendees are expected to include representatives from math museums around the world; those who design/create/operate math exhibits; and those who perform math outreach or deliver math programming designed for a popular audience.  The immediate goal of the conference is to share ideas, experiences, and best practices. Ultimately, however, the goal is to help improve public perception of and engagement with mathematics.  Featured speakers include Keith Devlin, James Tanton, and Günter Ziegler.

For more information about the conference, visit:  MATRIXinfo.momath.org or email [log in to unmask].
To register for the conference, visit:  MATRIXregistration.momath.org.
To present at the conference,  visit:  MATRIXsubmission.momath.org.

We look forward to seeing you in Dresden!

Glen Whitney and Cindy Lawrence, Co-Executive Directors, National Museum of Mathematics, NYC
Prof. Bernhard Ganter and Prof. Volker Nollau, Scientific Directors, Mathematics Adventureland, Dresden

[Matrix Logo]

Unsubscribe
If you opt out of all mailings, you will not receive any news, newsletters, event confirmations, or event invitations from the National Museum of Mathematics.
11 East 26th Street
New York, NY 10010
United States

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com