Dear all,

Last week the conference 'Circling the square: research, politics, media and impact' was held at the University of Nottingham.

The conference explored the role of knowledge in policy making, bringing together international scholars in the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities, practitioners at the science-policy interface, the public and the media.

Over the weekend, there was a lot of discussion on blogs and social media around some of the conference themes. The conference was also recorded and we hope to have the footage online by mid-June. We would be very happy if non-attendees joined in the online discussions.

BLOGS: A list of blog posts about the conference can be found here<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/conference/fac-sci/circling-the-square/index.aspx>

SOCIAL MEDIA: Comments and discussion about the conference on Twitter can be found here<https://twitter.com/hashtag/Circlesq?src=hash>.

MISC: Speaker bios, abstracts and more will be stored on the conference website, until further notice, here <http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/conference/fac-sci/circling-the-square/programme/programme.aspx>

Hope this is interesting. All things being equal, we will run the conference again next year.

Many thanks,
Andrew Gibson
On behalf of the STS Research Priority Group
Mailing list<http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/science-technology-society> (STS PG)
Website<http://nottingham.ac.uk/sciencetechnologyandsociety/index.aspx> (STS PG)

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com