Have you looked at the Virtual School? They post on youtube but also host their videos on a classroom friendly platform of their own!

Rowena

On May 2, 2014 1:18 PM, "Keir, Scott" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello everyone

What’s the best way(s) of getting videos into school classrooms (or school clubs)?

If you produce videos for schools, where do you host them?

I understand that YouTube and Vimeo are (still) blocked in many classrooms in the UK:

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6287822

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/learning/west_sussex_grid_for_learning/management_info__services/correspondence_news_and_event/school_news/2013/year_1_phonics_training_video.aspx

(or http://bit.ly/SgTUMz )

Though some enterprising students publish guides online of how to get around school blocks, I’m hoping there’s a better solution!

There is YouTube for Schools – but do schools use that, is that effective?

http://www.youtube.com/schools?gl=GB

If you’ve found a way that works, I’d be grateful for advice.

(I’m thinking here both of videos that we might create, and ones that exist already by others that we might want to encourage teachers etc to view, such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nTBZuQR7dRc which is a really neat intro to the value and use of statistics.)

With thanks

Scott

Scott Keir
Head of Education and Statistical Literacy

The Royal Statistical Society

12 Errol Street, London, EC1Y 8LX

Tel (44) 020 7614 3929

Switchboard (44) 020 7638 8998

Data | Evidence | Decisions

http://www.rss.org.uk

The RSS is a registered charity No. 306096.

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com