How would you like to be a part of the STFC National Laboratories Public Engagement team? Based at the beautiful, historical Royal Observatory Edinburgh site, we are looking for a Public Engagement Officer to join our team.
You would be coordinating events to engage the public with STFC science and technology (with a focus on astronomy activities), working with external partners to help deliver our programme locally and further afield in Scotland. You would also be responsible for maintaining the Dark Sky Discovery Site nomination scheme and the associated website http://www.darkskydiscovery.org.uk/ amongst other things.
We're looking for someone with experience in science communication, event planning, excellent communication skills (oral and written) to become a key part of our close knit team.
The full details of the post, including person specification can be found here:
http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc143093_4400.aspx
Closing date is 2nd June, and interviews will be held, in Edinburgh, on 16th June.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]
I have been working for STFC at the Royal Observatory Edinburgh site now for over 7 years and can honestly say I feel lucky to work there. It is a fantastically interesting place to work, with a unique blend of history & heritage, along with world-leading technology development and cutting-edge astronomical research.
Many thanks,
Tania Johnston
Senior Public Engagement Officer
STFC
Royal Observatory Edinburgh

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com