Hi!

One part of your research should look into the work of Douglas Engelbart, who amongst other things invented the mouse and pioneered GUIs.

His basic intrest was to develop tech support for design, both for individuals and large, collaborative groups.

He offers some models of the relationship between human capabilities and technology tools.

His stance is a bit like a travesty on Churchill's "First we shape our buildings, then they shape us". (Exch buildings with tools.)

He worked on how to manage and accelerate this process.

A good starting point is
http://www.dougengelbart.org

Good luck, I consider your topic most intresting and important.

Lars

Sent from my iPhone and therefore probably very brief and summary.