​An amusing debate seems to have formed around a misinterpretation of the
word quantitative, somehow thinking it means quantity.  I think this
started off as humor, but now it has been transformed into a serious
discussion, aided by irrelevant dictionary definitions.

I guess Roger Martin was correct to call it analytical.

Quantitative methods use formal, rigorous analyses, such as logic, algebra,
and various forms of mathematics to collect, analyze, and describe the
phenomena under study.

A reasonable desciption of the differences between quantitative and
qualitative is at

http://www.simplypsychology.org/qualitative-quantitative.html

Don