Yes indeed, designing is nothing else but embodying space in order to
better 'populate' it: i.e. use it for our best advantage, with the least
advantage. That is how I understand the kind of both quantitative and
qualitative knowledge specific to, or needed for embodying various shapes
of and in space, that we and 'others' call artifacts, objects, etc
Francois