> * Value a hash of Gss-Acceptor-Service-Name, NAI, salt.

Just one small thing... Would this value formula be *prescribed*, i.e. in IETF terms a 'MUST', or would it be a *recommendation*, i.e. a 'SHOULD' or a 'MAY'? I'd venture to say that this should be up to the COIs to decide what format they'd like. If for example you have a group who use SAML now, but would like to preserve some of their identifiers in the AAA RADIUS attribute instead of shipping a SAML-AAA-Attribute, who are we to stop them?

> Recommendation would typically be to send moonshot-service-targetedid by default, and
> moonshot-realm-targetedid if the IdP trusts the realm enough to do so or the COI policy
> requires it, ditto moonshot-tr-coi-targetedid. User-Name only where absolutely required
> and policy in place that details its protection.

Yes, I would definitely agree with this. It makes sense.

Regards

Stefan

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238