Hi Josh:

I was about to answer your previous e-mail :). I will answer in this one.

Please see inline.

El 29/05/2014, a las 10:48, Josh Howlett <[log in to unmask]> escribió:

>> And the user belongs to IdP-1 and engages in authentication with RP-1 , RP-1
>> will know it has to choose CoI-X or CoI-Y so I guess under "your" policy the RP
>> will choose CoI-Y. However, if my understanding is correct the purpose of
>> CoI-X might be different than CoI-Y so selecting one or the other change
>> somehow the purpose of the access.
>
> I think that's why, at least initially, we should work on the basis that the CoI is implicit in the service that the user has selected. That way there is no ambiguity about which CoI should be "in play". Namespace is cheap...

Of course, initially, it is fine. But we may agree that is restrictive. On the other hand, I agree with you that we may have the problem of bothering the user with selecting the CoI (or at least an identity related with the CoI). In fact, I had something similar to Sam's approach but certainly involving the user may have drawbacks (though I don't see other solution so far). In any case, in my opinion, this is an interesting problem.

Best Regards.

> Josh.
>

> Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
> not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
> and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
> Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238

Rafael Marin Lopez, PhD
Dept. Information and Communications Engineering (DIIC)
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30100 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34868888501 Fax: +34868884151 e-mail: [log in to unmask]