From: David Chadwick [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 May 2014 12:44
To: Stefan Paetow; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Attribute filtering / access control with moonshot

Hi Stefan

given the difference between VOs and CoIs it would seem that the most useful place for the third identifier is at the VO level, where the user has an ID to identify him at all the resources in the VO.

However, in our current work on VOs the main usability issue that arises with these type of IDs, is whether the user knows them beforehand or not. If the user does know his ID it makes setting up VOs easier. If he does not (e.g. because it is auto-generated) then it complicates the RPs use of them, because the access control rules have to be set up to incorporate them before they can be used effectively.

regards
David