I suspect several people already involved in the discussion are aware of
the standards comments surrounding this issue, but I'll summarize for
the list my understanding of what we said in the standards.

RFC 7055 section 3.5 describes requirements for proxies to maintain
the security of an RFC 7055 environment.
That level of operational advice  is required even by the base standard.
Without having appropriate policy in place to meet those requirements,
IDPs should not trust the attributes, and it's difficult to meet the
security requirements of RFC 7055.

Architectures including RFC 7055, such as those discussed in
draft-ietf-abfab-arch, or more concretely something like JANET's
Moonshot project may well have additional policy requirements.