On: Friday 6th June 2014
From: 10am - 3pm, including a free networking lunch.

The event will address the challenges that doctoral researchers encounter when disseminating their research to the public, industry, and local and international communities. It will comprise workshops and discussions with academic and industry professionals, providing students with practical guidance on how they can disseminate their research via public-facing organizations, collaborate with local media, and build relationships with schools and community organizations.

For more information and to register: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/cfm/events/current-events/challenges-and-changes-in-public.aspx

===============================

Secondly, we have extended our call for nominations to join the MeCCSA Postgraduate Network Committee until Sunday 8th June 2014. We would be grateful if you could promote this opportunity to relevant postgraduate students. Committee positions include:

> Chair
> Vice Chair / Secretary
> Journal Editor
> Outreach Officer
> Communications Officer
> Training Officer

To be considered for a post, please email Rachel ([log in to unmask]) with your name, institution, year of study, the role you wish to apply for, and a brief statement (maximum 100 words) on your relevant skills/interests. You can find more details about all the roles here: http://goo.gl/7zupg6

===============================

Thirdly, our MeCCSA PGN 2014 Annual Conference is being hosted by the University of Leeds with keynotes Lilie Chouliaraki, Katy Parry, Anamik Saha and David Hesmondhalgh, and an exciting range of postgraduate papers. The conference will also include workshops on: Getting your article published, Academic CV and job applications, and Teaching Media & Cultural Studies.

On: Monday 22nd - Tuesday 24th June, with an optional networking day in the Yorkshire Dales on Wednesday 25th June.

For more information about the programme, speakers and to register: http://meccsapgn14.wordpress.com/

The conference is generously sponsored by the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and the University of Leeds.

If you would like to be kept informed about all our activities, please FOLLOW us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MeCCSAPGN

Many thanks and best wishes,

Rachel, Charlotte, Sam, Irene and Emma

MeCCSA PGN 2013/2014 Committee