Apologies for cross posting.

CLSIG is organising a Professional Development Seminar and social evening after our AGM on Wednesday, May 21st in the private cellar bar of the Melton Mowbray pub. Sarah Fahy, from Allen & Overy and Sue Edgar, Consultant, will be our guest speakers this year talking about demonstrating value.

Outline: We are all under pressure to prove our value. Yet “value” can be difficult to define. Is it productivity? Efficiency? The cost of a service? Is it quantitative or qualitative? “Value” will ultimately be defined by your organisations needs and culture. This presentation offers suggestions as to how we might discern the approach best suited to our firms’ culture, and explore the language and techniques we might adopt.

The presentation will be followed by a light buffet and wine. CLSIG members and non-members are all welcome. This event is made possible by generous sponsorship from Hammicks Legal Information Services.

Speakers:

Sarah Fahy joined Allen & Overy as Head of Global Library Services in 2005. Having inherited a traditional legal library service, Sarah has concentrated on expanding the range of services offered to include business and competitor research and client analysis reports. Sarah has extensive experience in negotiating global contracts and managing international projects and works closely with the knowledge management community. Sarah also supports the senior management team at A&O by providing bespoke research and analysis.

Prior to joining A&O, Sarah held various roles in investment banking, management consultancy and the University sector. She has extensive experience of managing and developing global teams, services and budgets. Sarah was recently appointed to the Advisory Council of The National Archives.

Sue Edgar has worked for many years as a Librarian, Information Professional and Knowledge Manager and latterly as a Recruitment Manager. Her experiences have predominantly been in the corporate sector where she has been involved in Knowledge Management programmes and global services of research and knowledge sharing. Sue developed service offerings, financial and personnel strategies that were introduced across countries and cultures. Under Sue’s leadership the global teams she managed created a strong network, enhanced by training, coaching and career development programmes to ensure consistency of services. In her most recent professional role Sue worked for Sue Hill Recruitment & Services Ltd, a niche firm specializing in the placement of library, information management, records management and archives staff in the UK and internationally- she successfully brought her functional expertise to clients and candidates. Currently Sue is working with local businesses to develop information management strategies.

When: Wednesday, 21st May, from 7:00 pm
CLSIG Members are invited to attend the AGM which will run at the same venue from 6.30 to 7.00 pm.

Cost: The AGM is free. Tickets for the seminar and reception are £15 for CLSIG / CILIP members, £18 for non-members, and £10.00 for concessions.

Where: Melton Mowbray private cellar bar
14-18 Holborn, London EC1N 2LE

CLSIG would like to thank Hammicks Legal Information Services for kindly sponsoring this event.

Booking is essential: email Irena Valouchova to book a place: [log in to unmask]

All the best,

Penny Bailey BA, Dip. Lib, MCLIP, MIoD, FRSA

Managing Director

Bailey Solutions Ltd

Tel: +44 (0)1273 773788

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.baileysolutions.co.uk

Web: www.knowallenquire.com

Registered in England, Company no. 04445779. Registered Office: Curtis House, 34 Third Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2PD. VAT Reg No 737 381 417