Dear everyone,

I'm emailing from the University of Sussex to promote some Ideas we've recently submitted to the Aspire Forum which we hope will be of interest to the wider community. I've listed a brief summary below, along with a link:

Reporting functionality improvements: http://ideas.talisaspire.com/forums/236267-reading-lists-forum-2014/suggestions/5905238-reporting-functionality-improvements
We would like to suggest two additional reports for the Reports menu that would provide list and item usage statistics globally across departments and modules with the aim of demonstrating the value of reading lists and impact on item usage. One report for Page views and one for Item Views. Key fields we would like to see included are; page view (main list page), module code, module title, department, the number of students on the course, number of items on a list and for Item Views the item format.

Display both print and ebook holdings for one bookmark for the same title: http://ideas.talisaspire.com/forums/236267-reading-lists-forum-2014/suggestions/5905246-display-both-print-and-ebook-holdings-for-one-book
Here at Sussex we're very keen to have this Idea, archived for 2013, available for voting in the 2014 Ideas Forum: http://ideas.talisaspire.com/forums/32805-talis-aspire-reading-lists-ideas-archive/suggestions/4381768-display-both-print-and-ebook-holdings-for-one-book.
We're increasingly buying ebooks in addition to print copies, and it would be extremely useful, both to Library staff and students, to have a single entry for a specific work in Aspire, but with linkage to alternative editions. This would provide users with a choice of available formats depending on their needs, as well as promoting the Library's collection.

Metadata refresh at the List level, including a report to see before and after: http://ideas.talisaspire.com/forums/236267-reading-lists-forum-2014/suggestions/5905258-metadata-refresh-at-the-list-level-including-a-re
We would like to see some enhancements to the Metadata Refresh function to allow a more controlled use of this function. At a global level, the ability to see a report of items that will be refreshed with the option of excluding certain items if required. Additionally, it would be very useful if there was an option to apply Metadata Refresh at the list level (to an individual list) again with the option to exclude certain items if required. Finally, a report listing the items that have been updated.

Many thanks,
Julian

Julian Robinson
Learning and Teaching Support Librarian