Hi Sue

I think a national/ consortium deal would be just the thing to help us get started. A better deal for income generation. I bet Amazon will be kicking themselves if it happens!! Lol

Best wishes

Jan

From: Sue Lawson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 20 May 2014 11:56
To: stjohnknight, jan
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Selling eReaders in libraries

Hi Jan
I think it's a great idea. Makes perfect sense to me as we could offer ereader support, information about library ebook services plus help navigating all the different types of ebooks including free, self published, fanfic and traditional publishers.

Could even feed into the movement for libraries to become community publishers plus a source of income generation.

Perhaps a good idea to negotiate a national/consortium deal with ebook retailers rather than 150 individual authorities talking to the vendors?

Sue Lawson
www.librarycamp.co.uk