*Apologies for cross-posting*

Please find below details of the latest briefing from the Race Equality Foundation's Better Health collection.

The importance of promoting mental health in children and young people from black and minority ethnic communities
http://better-health.org.uk/briefings/importance-promoting-mental-health-children-and-young-people-black-and-minority-ethnic-com

This briefing looks at the policy framework for mental health service provision and provides examples of existing practice which promote mental health for black and minority ethnic children and young people. It also highlights the impact of poor or incomplete data on commissioning and provision of mental health services for black and minority ethnic children and young people. This briefing also looks at specific factors that put children and young people from black and minority ethnic communities at risk of developing mental health problems as well as protective factors that can help build resilience.

If you are interested in producing a briefing for the Better Health collection, please send 4-5 bullet points providing a brief outline of the paper.

Register for the Better Health newsletter: http://better-health.org.uk/register
Follow us on Twitter: @refhealth
Submit your own resources to Better Health: http://better-health.org.uk/submit-resource
Submit your own events to Better Health: http://better-health.org.uk/submit-event

We will send all submissions to the site to our 2500+ Twitter followers.

Thanks in advance

Kat

--
Kat Clayton

Information Officer

Race Equality Foundation

42-50 Worsley St

Manchester

M15 4LD

Tel: 0161 220 1016

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk

Embed race equality into your every day work with our free-to-view resource collections on Better Health and Better Housing

Follow @raceequality on Twitter!

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. This e-mail does not necessarily reflect the views of the Race Equality Foundation or its Trustees. The Race Equality Foundation is a registered charity, number 1051096 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England with the registered number 3121679.  The Race Equality Foundation’s registered office is Unit 17 Deane House Studios, 27 Greenwood Place, London NW5 1LB.