Dear Colleagues,

We would like to move away from the “clicker” counter which is inaccurate and time-intensive for doing library footfall counts (we count visitors on a different day of the week, once a week and average the counts for a monthly usage figure).

I am interested to know of any automatic footfall counter systems in place in your library. I already know of the Q-Scan Unicomm v2 beam counter used in the public library where I used to work (£230 + VAT). Cost is obviously an issue so the simpler and cheaper, the better. I will post back to the list if there is interest in the results from other libraries.

Many thanks in advance,

Clive

Clive Miskin
Clinical Support Librarian
John Jamison Library
John Lister Postgraduate Centre
Wexham Park Hospital
Slough
Berkshire
SL2 4HL

Tel: 01753 634189

Follow us on twitter: @HWPHLibrary

Please take the time to complete the Library Impact Survey

HWPH Notice:
Recipients should be aware that all emails sent and received by this Trust are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party, subject to the requirements of the DPA and confidentiality of patient information.

Please inform us if this message has gone astray - before deleting it - by emailing mailto:[log in to unmask] with RETURN as the subject-line.