An afternoon of making non-digital games for libraries in London! Nearly the last chance to book for the London event - only four weeks to go (Friday, 13th June) and bookings will close about a week beforehand.

Bookings are via Eventbrite - http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-games-for-libraries-london-2014-tickets-10614952609

After running a full day version of this event in Leeds, 100% of attendees (who filled in the feedback form!) rated it good or excellent, more feedback from the Leeds event is available on the blog, as is feedback from a similar event I ran in York.

These workshops will be afternoon only, to make it more affordable than the full day events, especially to New Professionals and students. I've also made a number of tickets available at particularly low prices to these groups.

We will play one or two games, there will be a small amount of context setting, but the bulk of the afternoon will consist of group work - creating and prototyping games for use within your libraries using a carefully scaffolded approach.

Although you will prototype games, the key learning outcomes will be:

1)    Know the key areas games can be used for

2)    Be able to repeat the “scaffolded” process to produce future games in your own libraries

3)    Know where to go for game making materials and printing

There will be blank playing cards, blank board games, dice, counters, and all sorts of other goodies to use in your prototyping.

Hope to see you there :)

Andrew

(Back our Kickstarter too! Help make a visual A to Z of libraries for library advocacy - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875601273/library-a-to-z-illustrations-book-and-advocacy-too

http://innovativelibraries.org.uk