From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Caroline Cooke
Sent: 01 May 2014 10:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [lis-e-resources] Adding all library resources to Moodle and no website/intranet/portal

Hello all,

It has been mooted here that we get rid of our library intranet and just host resources on Moodle alone.

The idea behind it is so that all resources will be accessed seamlessly via one interface - this can be achieved by us integrating our resources into a library tab and also adding specific resources in relevant units anyway, but the idea is being pushed forward.

I have concerns about this, as I feel we do need a library web presence, and we also don't want to put all our eggs in one basket.

I would love to hear your views on this and if anyone has done this and it is working well (or otherwise) I'd love to hear from you too.

Many thanks for your time.

Best wishes,
Caroline

Caroline Cooke
Electronic Resources Librarian
Anglo-European College of Chiropractic
13-15 Parkwood Road
Bournemouth
Dorset
BH5 2DF
UK
e [log in to unmask]
t +44 (0)1202 436306
f +44 (0)1202 436308
i  http://www.aecc.ac.uk

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG

This email has been scanned by MessageLabs Security System - Kingston College ______________________________________________________________________

This message is intended for the stated addressee(s) only and may contain confidential or sensitive information.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of Kingston College.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error.
You are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, forwarding or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.