Hi,
I have to agree with Helen here. EndNote is certainly not just about being able to add references to a document more easily. Having just finished my PhD, I can't stress how valuable that software was to me. I'd never had access to it before and couldn't afford a copy until I got my scholarship fund. But once I had it, I was able to run searches across my database for particular keywords, authors etc. These keywords changed over the life of the study and as I added articles etc it was like having a personalised internet on my laptop.

I also used it to support the dialogue I had running between my analysis and my literature review. Both evolved in relation to each other as my study developed. So, the fact EndNote made things easier to reference is only a third of it.

Best Wishes,
Nick
Dr.Nicholas Bowskill,
University of Derby (Education)

SharedThinking
The Social Identity Practice for Learning

New Workshop: Birmingham  Student-Generated Induction: A Social Identity Approach details at: http://bit.ly/1or0kpe

Nicholas Bowskill is a former Kelvin-Smith Scholar at University of Glasgow. He is lead tutor for SEDA online workshop on Introduction to Educational Change and an online tutor (Education) at University of Derby. SharedThinking is an independent consultancy.