Interesting article – wondering what others experiences are?  Mine are that this is not limited to international students – though certainly this is by far the largest cohort

Perhaps particularly unsurprising, when at UWS we do not offer any English language support for undergraduate (and limited for postgraduate) students.

Am regularly asked by students – both home and international – to proofread their work – and have to explain that this is not part of the service we offer.

Glasgow University offers (and charges for – though below ‘market’ rates)  an ‘essay checking service’ - http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/mlc/languagecentre/efl/in-sessionalsupport/essaycheckingservice/

International students are turning to proofreading agencies to get support

http://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/blog/2014/apr/09/international-students-proofreading-academic-writing-support

Best

Work like you don't need money
Love like you've never been hurt
and dance like no-one's watching

"Education either functions as an instrument which is used to facilitate
integration of the younger generation into the logic of the present system
and bring about conformity or it becomes the practice of freedom, the means
by which men and women deal critically and creatively with reality and
discover how to participate in the transformation of their world."
Paulo Freire (Pedagogy of the Oppressed)