From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of MacLean, Sarah
Sent: 06 May 2014 09:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2014 HER Content and Computing Survey

Dear HER Forum Members,

It is finally time for us to launch the 2014 HER Content and Computing Survey, the 5th since the survey was launched in 2002. It is aimed at providing the Historic Environment Sector with a snapshot of HERs in England. The results of previous surveys have been used in Heritage Counts and Profiling the Profession as well as informing projects like Informing the Future of the Past. We also use the statistics ourselves when responding to audits and enquiries.

There are some new questions this year. You will all already be aware of the new questions about monuments, including war memorials and First World War records. In addition to this we have added questions relating to grey literature reports and social media. We have also made some slight changes to questions based on comments received after the 2012 survey and during the consultation for this year's questions.

The survey is open to all HERs in England. Any surveys completed by HERs in the Channel Islands, Scotland or Wales will not be used in the final report.

The Survey is now live at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014HERContentComputing

In another change from last time please find attached to this e-mail a PDF copy of the survey. You may wish to read through this before filling in the online survey as the online survey must be completed in one go. There is also a copy of the PDF in the HER Forum File Area - https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=HERFORUM&f=/Surveys/Content_and_Computing/Questionnaire. Please remember to log into Jiscmail before attempting to download the file.

If you represent an HER based in England then I would be very grateful if you could complete the survey by the deadline of Friday 13 June 2014.

The survey report will be available by autumn/winter of this year.

If there are any queries about the survey or you would like a copy of the questions then please email me: [log in to unmask] in the first instance or telephone: 01793 414880.

If you have any feedback about the survey please either use the comments box at the end of the survey or contact me directly.

Many thanks for taking the time to complete this.

Yours sincerely

Sarah MacLean
Sarah MacLean MA MIfA
Heritage Information Partnerships Supervisor
English Heritage
Designations Department
Engine House
Firefly Avenue
Swindon
SN2 2EH
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 01793 414880

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/