Hi all,

Please see below a free conference I am involved in organising which should be useful for anyone involved in diversity issues within STEM fields, I thought it might be of interest for people involved in science centres and science museums but of course, anyone interested in these issues is welcomeFeel free to email me for further details.

Yours,

Lucy

What’s so Special about STEM?

Does studying and working in STEM fields really pose a specific challenge for disabled students?  Have you ever thought that as the needs of disabled students are so wide-ranging you wouldn’t know where to start in supporting their STEM studies/employment?  This free conference is for anyone involved in the engagement with disabled individuals with a post-16 interest in STEM subjects.  The conference, organised by the STEM Disability Transition Group (STEM DTG), will take place on 11th July 2014 and is hosted at the University of Greenwich.  Our keynote speaker will be Prof Les Ebdon CBE, Director of Fair Access to Higher Education, and workshops include Science online – can technology re-open a school’s lab door? and What is science communication? An exploration of the implications for disabled graduates looking to work in this field.

Book your free place here: www.royalholloway.ac.uk/stemdtgconf and for any questions, contact the Chair of the STEM DTG Lucy Yeomans on [log in to unmask].  For more information on the STEM DTG see our linkedin page and our blog.

Lucy Yeomans
Science Outreach Officer

Student Recruitment & Partnerships
Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX
t: 01784 276367

rhul.ac.uk/scienceoutreach

P Please consider the environment before printing.