Hi John,

I suggest you look at the template for GEM Case Studies.  We’ve developed it over the years in order to encapsulate what is important to others with a focus on sharing what went well, as well as what didn’t go quite so well.  The template requires authors to write about their intended and actual outcomes; intended and actual outputs; obstacles and issues; and, probably most important, the lessons learned.

The template has helped to reduce the “over-enthusiasm” of authors to wax lyrical about how wonderful their project was, and to think more about what they have learned and how that will be useful to others.  The word limit of 750 words also helps authors to focus on what is really important, and makes it easy for those reading a case study to quickly find things that may useful to them.

You can find the template here:

http://www.gem.org.uk/pubs/casestudies/gem_cs_template_v7.doc

By the way, the next GEM Case Studies is due out at the end of this month.

Best regards

John

Dr John Stevenson

Director

Book now for this year’s GEM conference, Enterprising Educators, in Cambridge from 2 to 4 September 2014 and save £££.

GEM, 54 Balmoral Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 4PG, UK

Tel/Fax:  +44 (0) 1634 853424

Mob: +44 (0) 7917 565 342

Email: [log in to unmask]

www.gem.org.uk

GEM is a registered charity number 1090995 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England number 149246

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not represent those of GEM. Should you communicate with anyone at GEM by e-mail, you consent to us monitoring and reading any such correspondence.