Dear experts,

After the first preproc step in TBSS, which is supposed to erode the FA images a bit to remove the brain-edge artifacts, I still found "white rims" around all of my FA maps in all_FA.nii.gz. I know these are "artifacts" because the same procedure done on the same data on another machine produced clean FA maps, free of the white edges. I've tried to erode the FA maps manually, using fslmaths -ero, before submitting them to tbss, which seemed to eliminate these edge artifacts effectively. However, I'm wondering whether this is the right corrective approach to be done in this situation, and to what degree the results obtained this way are comparable to the results obtained using tbss_1_preproc normally? Thank you for your answers in advance.

Best,
Yifan