Hi All,

We are trying to acquire data with multiband sequences according to the Human Connectom Project (http://humanconnectome.org/documentation/data-release/Q2_Release_Appendix_I.pdf pg. 38 on) and we would like to correct for the EPI distortions by using two dummy EPI sequences (by inverting RO/PE polarity option) and the "topup" function suggested by the HCP.

But for our task-related functional data, we can only acquire in one direction as the design is event related. In our case, I could generate the field map based on the opposing EPI sequences before, but can't use applytopup for our real data collected in one direction.

I would like to ask if there is a way still to use Topup to correct the distortion or should we collect some other kind of field map to achieve this purpose?

Thanks
LT