Hi Anderson,
thanks for the advice, I'll rerun and script the analyses to randomize everything. I'm not interested in results of all 20 components though, and wanted to identify only three components by cross-correlation with templates from the Smith et al. 2009 paper, thus I thought a correction of 0.05/4/3 would be adequate. I just fed all 20 components into the dual regression, because it's more convenient with the .filelist file and I thought this wouldn't make a difference, if I just looked at results from the three components of interest later on.
Best,
Nils

Von: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Anderson M. Winkler
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Mai 2014 13:25
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [FSL] Hypersignificance in dual regression

Hi Nils,
Design looks fine, contrasts too. Make sure that you are really blind to group assignment when you run the preprocessing. The best way to accomplish this is to script the tasks and, ideally, not even know who are the subject and who are the controls, leaving to arrange the groups at the far end, just before computing the statistics.

Also note that with 20 components and 4 contrasts, the significance level needs to be corrected. Use 0.05/4/20 = 0.000625, but to reach this, at least 1600 permutations are necessary. Try running again with, say, 5000, and threshold at 0.999375 then.
All the best,

Anderson