Allright, so during the FSL course I asked if you should do individual ICA
analyses to clean my data prior to feeding it into a concat gICA, and I got
the answer that I could just run the gICA directly as any artifact would
get picked up in components anyway. Also, the information on the website
states that the data used in the ICA practical session had been
artifact-removed using FIX, so further insight would be appreciated.

Two questions:

1. Is it worth running ICA on unclean data, and if so, is it better to let
MELODIC estimate the number of components if no cleanup is done?

2. What are the benefits of doing cleanup on your data first? This question
arose since I want to know how MELODIC handles a subject with unique
artifacts in a gICA for instance.

//Andreas