For those in Washington, DC next week, and event co-sponsored by The Institute for Palestine Studies and American Friends of UNRWA:

The Institute for Palestine Studies is cosponsoring the American Friends of UNRWA Gaza 5k walk/run, 17 May 2014.

The Proceeds from this event will benefit UNRWA's psycho-social support program for children in Gaza suffering from psychological trauma and PTSD due to the devastating November 2012 violence and the prolonged blockade. Since November, reported cases of PTSD have risen by more than 100%. 42% of those cases are children under the age of nine.

These children need our help, and that's why your participation is so critical. Whether you participate as a sponsor, runner, walker, or cheerleader, we want to see you there!

By participating, you will directly support UNRWA's psycho-social support program to provide these children with critically needed counseling services, offering them a safe space to express their emotions and fears, and the opportunity to work with trained counselors to learn valuable coping skills. Lace up your running or walking shoes, bring your friends, your family, and even your pets and we'll see you May 17th! Watch last year's offical recap video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTag1UR0xw8&feature=youtu.be

Saturday | May 17th | 8:00am

Rock Creek Park, Washington, DC
$30 for runners
$30 for walkers
$25 for students
$15 for children 12 and under

Register online at: www.firstgiving.com/unrwausa/gaza5k-dc

The Institute for Palestine Studies: http://www.palestine-studies.org/
American Friends of UNRWA: http://www.unrwausa.org/
UNRWA: http://www.unrwa.org/

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines